Dr. Laura Brown, owner of Greentree Animal Hospital in Libertyville, IL discusses ear infections. Sponsored by BarkBox. Free extra month of BarkBox by visiting BarkBox.com/vettalk. Please like and subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, YouTube and iHeartRadio.
How Can I Tell if My Dog Has an Ear Infection?
The following symptoms may indicate that your dog needs to have his ears checked by a veterinarian:
- Scratching of the ear or area around the ear
- Brown, yellow, or bloody discharge
- Odor in the ear
- Crusts or scabs on inside of the outer ear
- Hair loss around the ear
- Rubbing of the ear and surrounding area on the floor or furniture
- Head shaking or head tilt
- Loss of balance
- Unusual eye movements
- Walking in circles
- Hearing loss